Grow Sweet Potato in Aquarium, No CO2, No Ferts

2513 Imported from a malfunctioning feed
edited February 1 in Advice Tutorials

Grow Sweet Potato in Guppy Aquarium:

Sweet potato makes a good aquarium filtration plant as the roots absorb nitrates and other harmful waste produced by the fish, decaying organic matter and other inhabitant of the aquarium. Sweet potato is a very hardy plant and are grown from rooted cuttings called slips. It has a tendency to grow a really healthy root system which is a main source of aquarium filtration and hiding spot for stress fish and fry. I have successfully kept a sweet potato plant inside my guppy tank and the beauty about this plant is that you can grow it with no CO2 and no fertilizer as the plant absorb CO2 directly from air and use excess nutrients from the tank as ferts. Over the time I have been asked quite lot of questions on my Youtube channel regarding sweet potato in a tropical tank. So, i decided to publish this article where i can answer these questions by sharing my own experience.

Ep. 2 - Sweet Potato Aquarium, No CO2, No Ferts (12 weeks update)

Thank you for your time in reading this tutorial and watching these videos. If you have any questions then please feel free to post in the comment section below.